Job Category: Landscape Construction/Maintenance
Job Title: Landscape Technician
Job type: Full time
Benefits: Dental, Extended health, Life, AD&D
Location: York Region
Under the supervision of the Site Foreman or Lead Hand, the Landscape Technician will perform several physical tasks. These duties include Shoveling, Raking, Carrying material around the jobsite, lawn and garden maintenance. Will assist in tree and shrub planting, Interlock paving, retaining wall installation, and related tasks. These tasks could be done by hand, using hand tools or the opportunity to operate small machines.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Wears provided clean company uniform and PPE (Protective Personal Equipment). This includes green patch steel toed boots.
- Understands and follows the company policy.
- Follows and understands site foreman’s or lead hand’s orders.
- Informs the Foreman or Lead hand of any personal injury or damage to property, tools, or machines.
- Keeps the jobsite tidy and tools in working order.
- Maintains a level of professionalism on job sites.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and skills:
- Capability of following directions and completing given tasks from Lead Hand or Foremen.
- Contribute to a team atmosphere.
- Demonstrate the ability to self-motivate and display the skills to work on your own productively.
- Experience in physical work, Proper lifting, pulling, Shoveling, and caring material.
- Work related experience is an asset but not necessary. However, willingness to learn is a must. (Online and Onsite training will be provided)
- Think ahead – “What is the next step?”
- Willing and enthusiastic to learn.
- Do not assume, make sure.
- Be respectful to one another.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift heavy objects up to 50 lb and be physically fit.
- Constantly bending, pulling, and lifting, shoveling, racking, digging, and working with hand tools for long periods of time in a repetitive motion.
- Moves construction material around jobsite using hand, wheel barrels or small machines depending on site conditions.
- Works outdoors in different weather conditions – e.g., sun, rain, dust, snow and cold.
- Workdays are 7am-5pm Monday to Friday and possibly Saturday.